This page will introduce our community on Facebook, a place to practise your advanced
English speaking skills.
Use our Facebook group to practise your English
Practice, practice practice! There's nothing like
being able to practise your English conversation skills to improve your confidence
in using the language. To help you do this we've set up a group on the popular
social networking site, Facebook so you can meet up with other advanced learners
of English who are looking to practise their speaking skills.
instructions on how to join our Splendid Speaking group on Facebook. Once
you've created an account get a Skype address. Learn how to use Skype for language
practice with our guide
for EFL/ESL teachers.
1) Post a welcome message in one of the discussion forums in the
Splendid Speaking group explaining your reasons for studying English.
2) Read posts from other members and make contact with people doing
the same exam as you.
3) Practise your English conversation skills by arranging short
'getting to know you' chats such as those that appear in paired
4) Try one of our exam tasks with
your new contact.
5) Try a discussion task or make a presentation using one of the
exercises in our 'Get Speaking'
task sheets. Ask your partner for feedback using our grade
6) Join our new Splendid Speaking page Facebook, another way to
connect with exam students.
Would you like more help to develp your English conversation
For weekly tips on developing your English conversation skills,
to download transcripts and get updates on our new materials, sign
up to our free newsletter.